Reporting to the Controller, this worldwide role is responsible for accounting activities of the Firm including: Year-end external Global and Local Statutory Audits, issuance of Annual Audited Financial Statements, Balance Sheet reporting, Accounting/Finance business process reviews to implement best practices and process improvements and compliance with U.S. economic surveys.
- Develop an effective relationship with the Controller and Director of Financial Operations.
- Develop an effective ”business partner” relationship with the Chief Financial Officer, Chair of the Finance and Billing Committee, Director of Tax, Partnership Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting & Budgeting Manager, Executive Director, New York Office Administrative Partner and other Firm Leaders.
- Develop an effective “business partner” relationship with the Accounting/Finance Managers at other firm locations.
- Develop an effective relationship with global external audit service providers.
- Mentor a highly capable Accounting/Compliance team through the ongoing attraction, development and retention of skilled financial professionals. Review department staff capabilities and recommend improvements and development plans.
- Ensure all business activities are executed with a strong discipline surrounding internal controls. Evaluate internal accounting environment and collaboratively lead process improvements and change.
- Coordinate and manage the annual global year end audits of the firm, with the timely completion and issuance of the annual audited financial statements.
- Coordinate the local statutory year end audits of various offices (e.g., Beijing, Buenos Aires, etc.), ensuring timely completion of local statutory financial information and filing where appropriate.
- Review results of external audits (both global and local) to recommend, develop, and execute key process and control improvements.
- Coordinate and execute business process reviews in partnership with local office leadership and Office Finance Managers in international offices to identify and implement process improvements and best practices. Deliver results and recommendations to Firm Finance leadership.
- Develop/review finance policies and procedures, ensuring adoption of best practices and compliance with segregation of duties.
- Manage and monitor office space leases for financial reporting.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly Balance Sheet reporting and analysis, leveraging results to recommend and implement process enhancements when appropriate.
- Responsible for the review of all firm bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for the management of Positive Pay activities.
- Responsible for compliance with U.S. economic surveys, including timely completion and submission.
- Manage special projects as required.
- Experience in public accounting/auditing. Similar role at a professional services firm is a plus, but not required.
- Minimum one full year in a manager role.
- Familiarity with a partnership model including knowledge of cash/tax basis accounting and related auditing procedures.
- Broad financial experience and technical skills.
- Experience in implementing best practice and procedural improvements.
- A CPA is required, with strong academic credentials.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Finance acumen: Demonstrated broad experience across major finance disciplines, including accounting and audit.
- Communication/Influencing skills: A person with solid management presence, a sense of urgency and the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to key members of the Firm. A confident, proactive individual who uses reasoned, fact-based arguments to anticipate and overcome objections and who is unflappable in challenging, complex situations.
- Management skills: A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative, consensus-driven, partnership environment with highly skilled professionals.