The goal of the Senior Auditor is to help ensure effective and efficient controls that are designed and functioning to mitigate the company’s financial, business and supply chain risks at domestic and international locations. The Senior Auditor will manage projects focused on compliance, operational, financial and other special audit reviews and will prepare and issue audit reports with supervision from Internal Audit Managers. The objective of an assignment with the corporate audit staff is to contribute to the execution of the annual audit plan, while developing a deep understanding of the company’s policies and procedures. It is also designed for individuals to have exposure to company management and demonstrate their capabilities and their understanding of operating in a global multi-industry company.
• Participate in pre-audit planning and assist in the development of the audit plan.
• Conduct independent and objective financial reviews across Honeywell’s diversified global operations, providing added value to the operations in established time-frame’s.
• Identify and communicate opportunities to improve controls and financial and operational processes.
• Execute the audit plan, partner with management to develop and agree efficient and effective corrective action plans, and work closely with management to influence improvements in the systems of internal control.
• Responsible for understanding the business processes, data collection, data analysis, audit interviews, documentation, summarization, communication of results and following up on the status of correction action as needed.
• Demonstrate a confident and well-developed communication style, both written and spoken, that establishes credibility and facilitates clear understanding of audit issues and influence change where appropriate.
• Participate in a variety of special projects as assigned by management.
• Lead highly motivated teams – Gain exposure to SBG and Corporate senior management and leadership.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
Minimum 4 years Big 4 experience required. Big 4 experience and knowledge.
Ability to work in cross-functional teams, cultivate leadership abilities and to develop financial and operational management skills.
Must possess analytic reasoning, creative problem-solving abilities, advanced verbal and written communication, effective listening and strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrate initiative, strategic thinking, sound reasoning, business acumen, and analytic skills.
Strong financial and operational risk and control evaluation skills.
Ability to play a strategic role in the risk management process and provide a disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of an organization’s risk management, controls, and governance processes.
Highly developed project management skills with the focus on timely completion of tasks and the ability to identify and assess a changing array of risks.
Independent, self-starter, with a strong work ethic, high degree of motivation and the ability to contribute to a positive team attitude; proven dedication to teamwork, leadership and integrity within a professional environment.
Extensive travel required – 75%, may include international travel.
Certification preferred (CPA or CIA preferred / CISA or CFE is a plus).
Experience in a manufacturing environment, which may include a combination of public accounting and financial analysis or accounting experience preferred.
Contact email@example.com 212-685-4884