Our client a major Hedge Fund is seeking a human resources generalist with 4-6 years of progressive HR experience. The candidate will provide human resource support to a growing, fast paced business and will report into the company controller.
- Managing the recruitment process. This includes developing job postings, sourcing resumes, screening applicants, and coordinating interview process.
- Coordinating new employee orientation and onboarding in conjunction with department personnel.
- Assist with compensation review process including analyzing 360 reviews.
- Manage and maintain personnel files to ensure compliance with local and federal laws
- Administer benefit programs including medical, dental, flexible spending and workers compensation.
- Maintaining and updating employee handbook and department HR policies to ensure compliance with local and federal laws.
- Assisting managers with scheduling staff.
- Managing the company talent management system (SuccessFactors)
- Assisting bookkeeper with payroll administration.
- Coordinating training programs with various department heads.
- Providing management with reports as needed.
- Additional administrative duties as required.
- BS Degree in Human Resource, Business or equivalent experience
- Advanced Word/Excel/Powerpoint skills
- Prior experience working with talent management system (Success Factors experience a plus)
- Prior experience with ProStaff or similar recruiting/staffing/scheduling system preferred
- Professional maturity and strong communication skills to effectively handle sensitive and confidential situations, as well as draft appropriate documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills appropriate for a professional business environment.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt to change, prioritize, and operate in an evolving business environment.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
- Prior experience in a professional services firm that emphasizes strong customer service and consultative solutions orientation strongly preferred.
Candidates will need to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be comfortable working in a small, privately held company that emphasizes customer service, professionalism, ongoing learning, accountability and quality of work life.
We pay a competitive salary and bonus, and offer a strong benefits package that includes health insurance, a 401k plan after enrollment period, profit sharing plan, paid holidays, paid time off, and more. We also have a strong emphasis on professional training, including webinars, “lunch and learn” in house training sessions and external training
Corporate Recruiter & Generalist
Description: The Corporate Recruiter & Generalist will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Company’s recruiting strategy. This position will partner with hiring managers to meet and anticipate the staffing, training and development needs of each group. He/she will ensure that recruiting is managed with company-wide consistency and with a philosophy of hiring diverse talent for our growing organization. The role will work to enhance the Company’s reputation as a first class employer. As a Generalist, this position will focus on the equity management, training, development and reporting needs of the company. The ideal candidate will have a corporate recruiting background, with little or no agency staffing experience, plus a broad-based foundation with experience working as a Generalist.
- Develop multi-faceted applicant sourcing strategy including:
- Personal network
- Staffing agencies
- Newsgroups/job sites/social media
- Industry trade groups, association memberships, community services
- Conduct initial interviews of all candidates
- Work with departments to accurately forecast hiring needs
- Manage recruiter relationships
- Develop company-wide summer internship program
- Build relationships with top-tier colleges
- Develop for-credit internship program/maintain current paid internship program
- Research/ recommend rotational program
- Create new employee orientation program with focus on:
- Education (Company/Departmental)
- Training (establish schedule for first week of employment)
- Human Resources (benefits, policies)
- Information Systems (network, e-mail, financial systems)
- Conduct follow-up meetings with new employees at 30, 60, 90 days to ensure smooth transition
- Develop and implement training program including:
- Annual firm-wide compliance training
- New employee training
- Management training
- Departmental technical training needs
- Serve as back-up to Equity Plan Manager
- Back-up record keeper for EASI and UBS platforms
- Work with Equity Manager to process annual vesting, answer employee tax inquiries and ensure that agreements are executed
- Work with transfer agent to ensure that shares are properly deposited into UBS accounts
- Work with Financial Reporting and Payroll on quarterly reporting
- Work with Marketing/Communications to build industry recognition as “employer of choice”
- Develop employee relocation program
- Manage tuition reimbursement program
- Conduct industry-wide research to ensure competitive compensation and benefit packages
- Work with departments to develop a firm-wide database of job descriptions
- Implement electronic I-9 verification process
- Develop recruiting budget (agency fees, posting fees, travel fees, candidate expenses)
- Promote and administer employee referral program
- Conduct background, credit, reference checks on all new hires
- Implement Human Resources applicant tracking system/resume database
Excellent base salary plus bonus