Financial Reporting Associate Analyst
This individual will play a key role in the reporting and submission of Groups financial statements to Corporate on a periodic basis. Role provides support to teams and oversees the financial reporting application system.
- Support and coordinate the financial close process
- Responsible for validation of trial balance data from source systems into HFM
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of HFM accounting data
- Work closely with Corporate Control and Corporate HFM team to ensure period close accounting data submissions are done in a timely manner and in accordance with guidelines
- Work closely with Financial Reporting team to support key business initiatives
- Maintain HFM application(s), including Chart of Accounts, entity hierarchy structures, business rules, user security configuration, data mapping tables, and trouble shooting and development of financial reports
- Develop and implement standardized policies and procedures for Hyperion across business units to ensure sufficient adequate SOX controls
- Provide support to end-users and provide training as required
- Partner with BIS team and serve as liaison between end-users and the technology department to resolve issues
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Proficient in core Microsoft Windows application software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Solid accounting skills – CPA a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and solve problems quickly
- HFM, FDM and SmartView experience a plus
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to work hands-on in a collaborative environment
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Team player that can work well with customers
- Must be proactive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
This role is part of the Derivatives Center of Excellence (“DCOE”), which is a Corporate function responsible for the valuation and accounting of derivatives in accordance with ASC 815.
Assist in the accounting for derivative contracts
- Prepare periodic accounting close entries and related reporting for commodity, foreign exchange, interest rate and cross currency swap programs
- Assist in the implementation of new commodity, foreign exchange, interest rate and cross currency swap derivative programs in accounting software (Reval)
- Analyze the accounting for any new hedging program and determine whether the use of hedge accounting is appropriate under US GAAP
- Prepare initial documentation for contracts qualifying for hedge accounting
- Prepare quarterly regression analysis, effectiveness testing and contract reconciliation for all derivative instruments
- Generate periodic reports from Reval to enable senior management to analyze the impact of derivatives
- Perform quarterly broker reconciliations
- Communicate with the divisions on a regular basis regarding derivative activity
- Ensure effective internal SOX control procedures are in place and operating effectively
Assist in the preparation of derivatives and foreign currency risk related disclosures in Company’s Form 10-K and Forms 10-Q for filing with SEC
- Assist in the preparation of the Financial Instruments and Debt footnotes and the related supporting schedules, as well as Business Risks section of the MD&A
- Develop reports from Reval that could improve the footnote preparation process
- Maintain adequate internal controls for Section 404 certification over external reporting and disclosure
- Successful completion of CPA certification required
- 3 – 5 years experience in Accounting/Auditing
- Highly Proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent analytical skills to vet complicated hedging strategies
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high levels of accuracy
- Highly motivated and able to work with a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- High level of intelligence with high integrity
- Flexible, creative, resourceful, self-motivated with desire for self-improvement
SUMMARY: Direct all internal and external financial reporting, and acts as resident expert on accounting research.
- Responsible for the formulation of accounting policy
- Direct and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow and related footnote disclosures.
- Prepare and file 8-K, 10-Q,10-K and Annual report with the SEC, including coordination with external auditors, General Counsel, CFO, CEO, Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee.
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly and annual Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), continually recommending and driving improvements to its content and format.
- Assist and review financial-related press releases.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to Accounting staff in the preparation and review of all internal and external reporting requirements and accounting policies. Review work product, evaluate compliance with disclosure requirements and conduct research as necessary.
- Keep current on new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations as they are proposed, released and continuously assess the impact to the company of changing accounting rules. Research new and proposed accounting pronouncements to determine how the rules should be implemented.
- Research, summarize and communicate new Accounting and SEC rules and regulations to Senior Management. Play a key role in the adoption of new business processes and reporting standards based on changes in regulatory environment.
- Supervise the annual evaluation of goodwill impairment test
- Direct work of outside valuation experts in purchase accounting and other studies
- Direct the preparation of ASC 718 Stock Compensation footnote disclosure work
- Prepare transaction summaries; liaise with division management to remain current on major company transactions
- Oversee internal reporting of actual budget vs. analysis using Hyperion Financial Management and collaborating with the controller’s group.
- Assist Investor Relations in preparing for quarterly earnings releases and related conference calls
- Drive efficiency in reporting by leveraging the company’s IT assets
- Assist in preparation of the company’s Proxy statement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 8 to 10 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Combination of auditing experience within a large accounting firm and experience in a publicly held company preferably Software or Technology Company.
- CPA license in active status.
- Excellent technical accounting and research skills in complex and ambiguous situations; strong operational finance skills preferred.
- Experience in dealing with SEC communications
- Experience with HFM, JDE or similar ERP and data extract, analysis and reporting tools
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Team player, flexible, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to participate and thrive in an open and non-hierarchical environment that requires a high degree of interaction among different functional parts of the business.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel and MS
- Develop and execute annual audit plans focused on the most significant risks in the audit universes.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of engagements across multiple lines of business and build relationships with senior management
- Manage multiple, simultaneous risk-based audits, including operational and integrated audits, to achieve overall engagement objectives.
- Manage team through project fieldwork, monitor progress of engagements and report status to the Director.
- Prepare audit reports that appropriately summarize the most significant control weaknesses and resulting impacts to the organization.
- Evaluate staff on achievement of department objectives and mentor to develop and achieve personal and professional goals.
- Contribute to department administration as requested by Director, such as scheduling, budgeting, preparing and/or presenting presentations to management, and developing content for department training.
15% – 20% international and domestic travel (primarily to top global and domestic destinations).
- Must have a minimum of 7 years progressive audit experience in a public accounting firm and/or internal audit department, with at least 2 years with the title of manager and with actual employee management and related departmental responsibilities.
- CPA or CIA is required (CPA is highly preferred) other related certifications are a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance/business is required.
- Media, Entertainment or Technology industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with CAAT software including ACL, IDEA or other data analytics software is preferred.
- Experience with audit administration and GRC software including TeamMate, Archer GRC, etc., is preferred.
- Must be eligible to work unrestricted in the USA.
CONTACT: Rachel@stanhamlet.com / 212-685-4884
Top ranked National firm is currently seeking a high performing Senior Audit Manager to join their M&D group, which prides itself on providing customized audit, accounting and advisory solutions to privately held businesses to help ensure strong operations and growth.
As an Audit Senior Manager you will be responsible for providing the highest levels of service to clients working directly with Partners and supported by a team of professionals. You will be required to:
- Lead multiple client engagements to provide timely client deliverables and effective budget management;
- Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations on business improvement;
- Proactively communicate with clients, Partners, and team members to manage engagements and expectations;
- Play a key role in business development by identifying new business opportunities within existing client base as well as new opportunities via networking;
- Act as a resource for engagement team members by sharing extensive knowledge and experience;
- Manage, develop, and engage team members on engagements by providing immediate feedback and assessing performance at year-end reviews;
- Strive to continuously improve by attending professional development initiatives, networking events, and training seminars;
- Actively contribute to talent acquisition.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s Degree desired;
- Active CPA license required;
- 8-10 years of experience providing audit and attest services in a CPA firm including 3 years of supervisory experience;
- Manufacturing and distribution experience with demonstrated technical expertise in this industry;
- Experience leading employee benefit plan audits;
- Demonstrated skills in communication, relationship building, and analytical problem solving.
Contact: Rachel | 212-685-4884 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Rachel | 212-685-4884 | email@example.com
The position will contribute research, modeling, and financial reporting for enterprise-wide analytics and revenue forecasting projects, driving top-line growth and operational effectiveness. The candidate will be a key contributor to strategic process, coordinating cross-functional teams to make financial recommendations on corporate initiatives.
- Conduct requirements gathering and financial modeling for enterprise-wide analyses. This will include, but is not limited to, program acquisition studies, inventory load optimization, yield management & ROI studies on various company-wide initiatives
- Manage weekly network financial reporting schedules and models, including status models, cost amortization, revenue builds, DR, KPIs, or stewardship
- Own ad-hoc research projects including sales forecasting, delivery tracking, analytics, and long range plan development. Pull, aggregate, and analyze data from ad-sales and traffic systems and explain or forecast performance
- Prepare persuasive and informative presentations for senior management to explain findings of analytics initiatives
- Assist with other specific initiatives and projects on an as needed basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 4 – 5 years work experience in investment banking, consulting, accounting, and/or media strategic planning. Prior experience in advertising broadcasting business is a plus
- CPA, CFA a plus
- Demonstrated strong Excel, data management, and financial modeling skills
- Excellent PowerPoint skills including charting
- Knowledge of cable ratings and sales metrics a plus
- Prior experience with Ad Sales Planning and Traffic IT systems a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior corporate executives to business unit managers and third parties
- High energy with a positive attitude and sense of humor
Contact: Cara Millstein / 212-685-4884 / firstname.lastname@example.org