- Lead and oversee senior and staff accountants’ preparation of assigned financial analyses for balance sheet and P&L accounts. Ensure that deadlines are met for the monthly closing, forecasting and monthly reporting
- Prepare financial analyses for assigned balance sheet and P&L accounts based upon pre-agreed timeframes.
- Properly and timely update your supervisors, including managing expectations
- Proactively seek to enhance your understanding of the label business, product development and organizational direction.
- Review and enhance accounting and P&L forecasting processes and general ledger reporting capabilities.
- Responsible to provide monthly reporting with variance analysis on a timely basis
- Responsible to support reforecasting process
- Responsible to lead Finance / IT initiatives as assigned.
- Responsible to multi-task and maintain team timelines
- Responsible to oversee team member development and to provide timely feedback.
- Develop relationships with the division personnel in order to better serve their business needs.
- Communicate with multiple departments as appropriate to resolve complex, non-routine, and/or sensitive accounting problems, address concerns, and propose and negotiate solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 5+ years of increasingly responsible professional level accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA, public accounting experience, and experience working with software development and royalties preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of standard office software, especially in MS Excel, PowerPoint and MS Word.
- Ability to work calmly and flexibly in order to respond to multiple competing business priorities.
- Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work flexibly and effectively prioritize in order to meet multiple changing priorities.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP and/or Hyperion Financial Management/Hyperion Planning systems a plus.
- BIG 4 EXPERIENCE A PLUS!!
About this company
A leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for global consumers. Interactive entertainment is the strongest growing sector in the meda/entertainment industry. Casual dress! Fun work atmosphere! Trendy NYC location!