SUMMARY: Direct all internal and external financial reporting, and acts as resident expert on accounting research.
- Responsible for the formulation of accounting policy
- Direct and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow and related footnote disclosures.
- Prepare and file 8-K, 10-Q,10-K and Annual report with the SEC, including coordination with external auditors, General Counsel, CFO, CEO, Disclosure Committee and Audit Committee.
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly and annual Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), continually recommending and driving improvements to its content and format.
- Assist and review financial-related press releases.
- Provide leadership, training and direction to Accounting staff in the preparation and review of all internal and external reporting requirements and accounting policies. Review work product, evaluate compliance with disclosure requirements and conduct research as necessary.
- Keep current on new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations as they are proposed, released and continuously assess the impact to the company of changing accounting rules. Research new and proposed accounting pronouncements to determine how the rules should be implemented.
- Research, summarize and communicate new Accounting and SEC rules and regulations to Senior Management. Play a key role in the adoption of new business processes and reporting standards based on changes in regulatory environment.
- Supervise the annual evaluation of goodwill impairment test
- Direct work of outside valuation experts in purchase accounting and other studies
- Direct the preparation of ASC 718 Stock Compensation footnote disclosure work
- Prepare transaction summaries; liaise with division management to remain current on major company transactions
- Oversee internal reporting of actual budget vs. analysis using Hyperion Financial Management and collaborating with the controller’s group.
- Assist Investor Relations in preparing for quarterly earnings releases and related conference calls
- Drive efficiency in reporting by leveraging the company’s IT assets
- Assist in preparation of the company’s Proxy statement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 8 to 10 years of relevant accounting experience.
- Combination of auditing experience within a large accounting firm and experience in a publicly held company preferably Software or Technology Company.
- CPA license in active status.
- Excellent technical accounting and research skills in complex and ambiguous situations; strong operational finance skills preferred.
- Experience in dealing with SEC communications
- Experience with HFM, JDE or similar ERP and data extract, analysis and reporting tools
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Team player, flexible, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to participate and thrive in an open and non-hierarchical environment that requires a high degree of interaction among different functional parts of the business.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel and MS