The Senior Accountant will focus on daily accounting for a large electronic brokerage business. This position will require a highly organized, strong analytical thinker, who enjoys problem solving and is persistent in getting to the right answer. The business is highly profitable with pretax profit margin of 60% and over $2.9 billion in equity capital. For the past five years, pretax profits have grown in excess of 20% per year. High growth in the business is expected to provide the candidate with opportunities to take on additional responsibilities.
The successful candidate will learn how financial markets, in the U.S. and other countries, operate for most tradable products: stocks, options, futures, FX, bonds, etc. On-the-job training will be provided and continuing education is supported. Candidates with intellectual curiosity will thrive in this role.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions.
- Create monthly analytical commentaries detailing financial results and business metrics.
- Determine mappings for automated entries of data feeds from internal systems and electronic external bank information, in support of new business.
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations.
- Supervise staff accountants.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Certified Public Accountant, or in the process of becoming a CPA.
- 3-7 years of experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with multitasking capabilities.
- Self-starter and with the ability to work independently.
- High level of attention to detail.
Other Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Prior experience in highly automated environment and/or comfort with technology.
- Ability to evaluate current procedures and design and implement changes in order to streamline operations, while ensuring sufficient checks and balances.
- Prior experience with Oracle Financials is preferred.
- Interested contact:
- Stan Hamlet