Duties, Responsibilities And Expected Contributions
• Manage an efficient and timely periodic close process for the Corporate entity.
• Provide monthly and ad-hoc variance analyses for Finance and other department teams
• Interface with department heads on a regular basis to ensure accuracy, quality and completeness of financial information, identify potential areas of cost savings, and anticipate future initiatives which may require additional accounting research.
• Prepare quarterly and annual external reporting packages for the Corporate entity. Work with outside auditors during the annual audit.
• Manage the annual budget process for the Corporate entity, working closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team. Assist and guide departments in the budget preparation process.
• Ensure accuracy and compliance with current GAAP of all Corporate entity accounts, including equity, stock-based compensation, investments in affiliates and subsidiaries, corporate debt.
• Develop, implement and document policies, procedures and best practices over accounting and financial reporting for the Corporate entity.
• Coordinate with other Controllers to reconcile inter-company accounts and inter-company transactions involving the corporate entity.
• Conduct technical accounting research and develop conclusions related to corporate initiatives.
• Develop projections for the Corporate Entity on an ad-hoc basis
• Collaborate with Brokerage Accounting Manager and work closely with the Tax department to prepare the annual tax package as it relates to the Corporate entity.
• Develop and post into the general ledger the monthly corporate and allocations.
• Maintain the fixed asset ledger of the Corporate entity including tracking additions and disposals of all Corporate owned assets. Record the periodic depreciation and amortization of all these assets.
• Handle and manage the accounting process for M & A transactions, if any.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with departments and other finance functions, educate departments in Finance processes and procedures, drive transparency and usefulness of financial information provided to leadership.
• Stay current in US GAAP and advise management on applicable upcoming changes.
• Work with finance leaders on special projects.
A) Experience And Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
• CPA / MBA in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years, 7+ years of experience preferred
• Public accounting experience preferred (2 years+)Finance/accounting department with exposure to budgeting and financial reporting (5+ years) required
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superb ability to understand and explain complex concepts.
• Excellent GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
• Familiarity with accounting for stock-based compensation, internally-developed software, debt and equity
• Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience with general ledger and financial reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, JD Edwards, FAS and spreadsheet server).
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884