The Director will have overall responsibility for providing advisory and assurance services in one or more areas of the company. The Director will build and maintain strong and proactive relationships with senior managers, and ensure that we design and execute a risk focused and dynamic audit plan. The Director will have impact on the department and the company outside their given responsibilities. They inspire their teams’ performance and create a balanced sense of urgency. In this role, the incumbent will identify, assess and advise on risks for large-scale technology projects and completing pre and post implementation reviews.
Strategic Control Impact
• The Director will influence the risk and control framework of the Company by:
o Influencing the risk and control framework of the company by identifying meaningful issues, and increase the velocity and sustainability of resolving those issues.
o Highlighting key control themes and driving wider solutions to those themes.
o Increasing the velocity and sustainability of the resolution of those issues.
o Establishing themselves as trusted advisors to the business.
o Establishing ongoing relationships with managers in the covered businesses and functions.
o Offering advice on risk and control.
• Influence the planning of each audit to help ensure our work is risk focused..
• Involved in the most important or complex areas of an audit, and corporate governance.
• Complete the audit plan on time and on budget.
• Prepare and review high quality reports that are cleared within report issuance guidelines.
• Effectively communicate throughout the project life cycle.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of IAD’s policies and procedures.
• Works with IAD leadership and the Audit Practices team to improve policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate strong compliance with IAD’s policies and practices, as evidenced by good QA results and strong performance within standards and related metrics.
Individual & Team Development
• Attract, develop, and retain high quality individuals.
• Inspire others and set a good example of the behaviors for the team’s success.
Contribute to the department as a whole without being asked, and help their peers to be successful.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Previous internal or external audit experience is helpful, but not required.
• The incumbent Director will benefit from having experience in information security, information technology risk, and infrastructure audit experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
The Leadership Model sets out the core behaviors required of all employees. The Director position is unique and may require the incumbent to have or build specific knowledge of the businesses, products, functions, and processes within his or her coverage responsibilities.
More broadly, the Director will typically demonstrate the following skills and behaviors:
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and in teams
• A high degree of responsibility in balancing multiple commitments and meeting deadlines and commitments to stakeholders
• Knowledge of information security controls to mitigate cyber threats and vulnerabilities of data bases, applications and infrastructure
• Knowledge of COBIT, ISO 27001/27002, FFIEC Handbook standards, NIST Cyber Framework
• Strong technical acumen and understanding of multiple operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, Z/OS) and technical platforms (networks, firewalls, storage).
• Knowledge of various programming languages (e.g., C, C++, C#, Java, Cobol) and databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase)
• Knowledge of firm’s products and services or equivalent financial services products
Education, Training and Certification:
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
Beneficial, but not required, are certifications related to the incumbent’s coverage responsibilities, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884