The Financial Reporting and Accounting group is responsible for financial reporting (subsidiary & consolidated results), regulatory reporting, internal controls, and supporting accounting activities.
The Finance Director, Finance Reporting and Accounting is primarily responsible for the global direction and coordination of:
• Financial Reporting (subsidiaries and consolidated results)
• Regulatory Reporting
• Accounting Policy and Control
• Technical accounting guidance, etc)
In addition, the Director, Financial Reporting and Accounting is responsible for:
• Managing a staff of 15 employees
• Financial Reporting: Timely and accurate financial reporting, supporting internal/external stakeholders
• Regulatory Reporting: Timely and accurate regulatory reporting, supporting internal/external stakeholders
• Accounting Operations: Support and Drive high performing operations (month end close, etc)
• Transparency: Co-lead monthly finance operations meetings; Deliver stakeholders with highlights / information
• Internal Controls: Build/maintain a superior control environment (risks, control activities, communicate, and monitor)
• Risk Management: Proactively identify and mitigate risks; Ensure adequate awareness across team
• Accounting Policies: Create and maintain global accounting policies (US and Local GAAP)
• Technical Accounting: Proactive research/analysis on matters impacting corporate financial performance
• Audits: Co-manage relationship with Audit firm; successfully support all audit activities (through annual report)
• Compliance: Support all internal/external compliance activities
• Department Operating Performance: Measure and manage efficiency & effectiveness; continuous improvement
• People: Responsible for effective people management (manage, development, hiring, feedback, engagement, etc)
• Organization Design: Ensure design optimizes group performance
• Present, update, and/or advise sr. management, committees, Board on critical matters
• Ad hoc: numerous activities associated with supporting FP&A, Tax, Treasury and other groups
Experience and Knowledge Required:
• Bachelor’s degree, CPA and Big 4 experience required. MBA a plus
• Minimum of 15+ years’ experience financial reporting and accounting (public and private mix)
• 8+ years Big 4 experience highly preferred
• Ability to effectively lead operations and maintain a strong control environment.
• Strategic perspective: conceptual and innovative thinking skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Financial control and Accounting experience in a company with multiple Legal entities (domestic and international).
• Thorough understanding of US GAAP and exposure to IFRS.
• Ability to develop and manage staff.
• Ability to work cross functional as well as leverage members of the team that may not be direct reports.
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884