- Ensure financial statements and accounting practices are in compliance with set standards
- . Responsible for maintaining effective internal controls over financial processes.
- Coordinate financial audits with Corporate Internal Audit and external auditors
- Ensure SOX compliance for internal controls over key business processes.
- Research technical accounting guidance to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP.
- Establish, maintain and review processes to ensure effective internal controls over key business processes (e.g., reviews of balance sheet reconciliations for timeliness and accuracy, segregation of duties and Oracle access, sales order review etc.).
- Work with other departments across the division to influence business practices which support SOX and GAAP compliance (e.g., purchase order approval limits, revenue recognition, payroll approvals, etc.).
- As requested, assist in financial reporting for monthly closes, quarterly and year-end schedules, statutory vs. management reporting, projects and budgets.
- Review monthly reconciliations. Work closely with senior finance management and other finance personnel to ensure integrity of accounts.
- Collaborate with IT Compliance to ensure General IT Controls are in place.
- Work with IT department to ensure financial integrity is maintained after any program and data changes.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance.
- CPA license required.
- 7+ years of Accounting/Finance experience required.
- Public accounting and audit experience preferred.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls over financial reporting
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and the COSO internal control framework.
- Significant knowledge of GAAP and GAAS.
- Oracle environment experience preferred.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated customer service and analytical skills.
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884