The Senior Audit Analyst works on an audit team within specific business areas to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls while proposing and facilitating viable solutions to issues identified.
- Understands, supports and is able to articulate the vision, mission and strategy of Audit
- Develops knowledge and understanding of company businesses, interrelationships and dependencies
- Understands and follows Audit processes and procedures
- Completes tasks independently but receives direction and oversight by more senior audit staff and management.
- Completes a scope of work which is broadly defined and typically involves complex processes or issues.
- Provides some supervision and direction for less experienced audit staff, and may also manage the work of a smaller project team.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of sound audit practices including: understanding of risk types; types of controls to mitigate risk; understanding of process flows and critical control points; appropriate linkage of risks, controls and audit tests; ability to evaluate or control gaps or inadequate operating effectiveness; logical organization of written documentation; and propriety/adequacy of audit sampling methods and sizes
- Performs technical research using external and internal source material
- Assists in development of audit programs
Education and Experience
- BA/BS or MS in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- Professional certifications preferred (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA)
- At least 3 years of audit or audit-related experience, preferably with a public accounting firm
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of audit practices, tools, techniques, concepts, and trends
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Positive attitude and goal-driven
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage priorities and workload
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884