Reporting to the Vice President – Finance, the Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for all financial planning and management reporting requirements. This position will be responsible for preparing the annual and long-term financial plans, forecasts, budgets, monitoring and analyzing performance to plan, quarterly reforecasting, communicating results to management, and disseminating timely and relevant financial data to support decision making. The right candidate will deliver value added business analyses and will introduce processes and tools to facilitate a highly efficient and effective analytical planning process. The ideal candidate must also be assertive, self-directed, innovative and driven by details and deadlines.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
• Business/Functional Results
• Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to strategic objectives
• Manage the financial planning process which includes monthly forecasting and annual budget. Act as project manager for the entire budget process setting timelines, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time. Create, implement and produce a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, and comprehensive executive level explanations of variances and trends.
• Create sophisticated financial models that provide financial analysis and decision support to senior leadership on key business components. Advise business leadership of opportunities and risks impacting business performance. Propose potential solutions to complex problems.
• Lead the preparation of financial analysis, commentary and presentation materials for executive review meetings.
• Review, analyze and compare monthly and quarterly operating department financial results and key performance indicators against plan and other internal benchmarks, including working capital and cash flow analysis.
• Managing Execution
• Demonstrated ability to understand business and financial information with the ability to drive business performance in a high growth environment
• Identifies opportunities to improve and develop the business
• Anticipates planning, forecasting and operational issues; determine the impact, develop and implement an appropriate plan of actions
• Monitors results of key strategic initiatives to ensure cost benefit projections are being achieved or plans are adjusted accordingly
• Develop processes and structure to support robust and flexible Activity Based Cost reporting and analysis
• Develop processes and structure to support robust and flexible Fixed/Variable reporting and analysis
• Establish benchmarks and scorecards to assist leadership in managing the fiscal discipline of their functions.
• Effectively partner with business unit leaders to create solid understanding of key financial metrics and how to track for desired results
• Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for top initiatives
• Strategic Leadership
• Execute strategic initiatives for the sub-function (Finance)
• Partner with business units to ensure support of strategic objectives for all internal customers.
• Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
• Foster thought leadership within account team
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Private Brand landscape and best practices within Finance.
• Lead best practice sharing and development across region
• Managing Relationships
• Exceptional communication skills with ability to present analysis and findings in both verbal and written formats to all levels of management.
• Able to work in a collaborative fashion that garners positive influence across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives that ensure relationship building and performance results are met
A) Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree Finance or Accounting required; MBA/Graduate Degree preferred
• Budget management and consolidation at the Division or Corporate level
• Hyperion Planning Experience preferred
• CPA preferred but not required
• 7+ years of progressive experience in Finance or Accounting
• Public company experience preferred with skill at writing MD&A section of Quarterly and Annual reports
• Merger and acquisition experience a plus
• International finance exposure a plus as well
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
• Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with superior attention to detail.
• Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
• Strong working skills in calculating ROI, buy or lease analysis and other key financial metrics
• Excellent writing skills required
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884