The Staff Accountant role will have core responsibilities involving the proper maintenance of Oracle Fixed Assets, Projects and Cash Management modules.
This role will be responsible for the following:
- Process / Review FA transactions – additions (mass additions/CIP in service), adjustments, transfers and retirements/sales.
- Process / Review adjusting journal entries related to Fixed Assets/CIP, Intangibles and Capital Leases.
- Prepare / Review account reconciliations related to Fixed Assets/CIP, Intangibles and Capital Leases.
- Prepare / Review Audit Requests.
- Create / Maintain Projects.
- Notify internal divisions of Fixed Assets/Projects system changes.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations for assigned bank accounts, and follow up with various departments to resolve reconciling items.
- Prepare rollforward of cash concentration account.
- Complete Cash Management processes in Oracle for assigned bank accounts.
- Upload license fee journal entries for all business units.
- Reconcile assigned AR accounts to GL.
- Calculate bad debt reserve and book required entry for assigned AR accounts.
Bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in Accounting or Finance.
General familiarity with Oracle ERP system. Training will be provided for functions specific to the GL, FA, Projects and Cash Management modules.
Strong communication skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Exceptional attention to detail.
Ability to prioritize tasks.
Availability to work extended hours when necessary to meet monthly and quarterly deadlines.
Duties, Responsibilities And Expected Contributions
• Manage an efficient and timely periodic close process for the Corporate entity.
• Provide monthly and ad-hoc variance analyses for Finance and other department teams
• Interface with department heads on a regular basis to ensure accuracy, quality and completeness of financial information, identify potential areas of cost savings, and anticipate future initiatives which may require additional accounting research.
• Prepare quarterly and annual external reporting packages for the Corporate entity. Work with outside auditors during the annual audit.
• Manage the annual budget process for the Corporate entity, working closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team. Assist and guide departments in the budget preparation process.
• Ensure accuracy and compliance with current GAAP of all Corporate entity accounts, including equity, stock-based compensation, investments in affiliates and subsidiaries, corporate debt.
• Develop, implement and document policies, procedures and best practices over accounting and financial reporting for the Corporate entity.
• Coordinate with other Controllers to reconcile inter-company accounts and inter-company transactions involving the corporate entity.
• Conduct technical accounting research and develop conclusions related to corporate initiatives.
• Develop projections for the Corporate Entity on an ad-hoc basis
• Collaborate with Brokerage Accounting Manager and work closely with the Tax department to prepare the annual tax package as it relates to the Corporate entity.
• Develop and post into the general ledger the monthly corporate and allocations.
• Maintain the fixed asset ledger of the Corporate entity including tracking additions and disposals of all Corporate owned assets. Record the periodic depreciation and amortization of all these assets.
• Handle and manage the accounting process for M & A transactions, if any.
• Maintain excellent working relationships with departments and other finance functions, educate departments in Finance processes and procedures, drive transparency and usefulness of financial information provided to leadership.
• Stay current in US GAAP and advise management on applicable upcoming changes.
• Work with finance leaders on special projects.
A) Experience And Education
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
• CPA / MBA in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years, 7+ years of experience preferred
• Public accounting experience preferred (2 years+)Finance/accounting department with exposure to budgeting and financial reporting (5+ years) required
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superb ability to understand and explain complex concepts.
• Excellent GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
• Familiarity with accounting for stock-based compensation, internally-developed software, debt and equity
• Experience with budgeting and forecasting.
• Strong Excel skills
• Experience with general ledger and financial reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, JD Edwards, FAS and spreadsheet server).
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884