Primary Job Responsibilities:
- SOX 404 Testing (IT)
- Provide oversight of the Sarbanes-Oxley Program (IT)
- Assist in the completion of Sarbanes-Oxley independent testing of financial controls
- Coordinate, participate and document walkthroughs of major Company IT processes
- Coordinate, plan and complete testing of internal controls
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Process Owners
- Identify all significant control weaknesses.
- Draft and present findings and recommendations to Internal Audit management and audit clients.
- Make suggestions for improvements to internal controls and control environment.
- IT Auditing
- Provide management oversight of scheduled audits, IT pre-implementations and/or special projects
- Quickly learn new business processes, company operations and activities and determine areas of greatest risk.
- Acquire an understanding of corporate policies and procedures and the functional business disciplines being reviewed to ensure that audit procedures are appropriate, timely, and effective.
- Responsible for determining scope and areas to be reviewed based on risk analysis.
- Develop in-depth understanding of risks and controls related to assigned audit areas.
- Perform reviews utilizing established guidelines to analyze the adequacy of internal controls and compliance with corporate procedures.
- Perform audit test procedures and identify and communicate issues on a timely basis.
- Prepare and/or review detailed audit documentation and working papers for assigned areas in accordance with internal audit policies, standards and guidelines.
- Prepare and/or review detailed written observation memos and audit reports that include value-add audit recommendations
- Develop positive working relationships and alignment with audit clients during the planning, execution and reporting phases of the audit
- Share knowledge and seek assistance appropriately.
- Prepare and communicate status of audit work with Vice President and engagement team members relative to milestones, open issues, and interactions with the internal clients.
Experience / Knowledge
- Bachelors degree
- Professional designation completed or in progress (CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, PMP)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong knowledge of audit methodology and techniques
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials a plus
- Prior External and / or Internal Audit experience
- Ability to travel domestically (~20%)
- Strong English language – verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Spanish language a plus – verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with initiative, minimal supervision and meet prescribed deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Media experience a plus
Skills & Capabilities
- Be a highly effective communicator with the ability to interact with Internal Audit stakeholders at all levels.
- Develop their internal and external networks and be highly effective at creating lasting relationships with their team members, peers and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen by being attuned to Univision’s strategy, business environment and emerging trends and issues.
- Be able to effectively leverage technology to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Be a leader who will have the ability to build consensus and articulate a persuasive point of view.
- Be nimble and agile, with the ability to audit strategic initiatives and change programs.
- Be risk aware and have an intimate understanding of risk management practices within the organization, our industry and profession.
- Be client service delivery focused and an innovative, critical thinker with the ability to provide pragmatic solutions to complex business problems.
- Be technically proficient and committed to continuous learning and professional development.
- Be fraud aware, with the ability to build effective fraud detection procedures into audit projects and to collaborate with key stakeholders to develop comprehensive anti fraud programs for the organization.
- Be innately curious with the drive and work ethic to probe and “to ask the next question” (professional skepticism)
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212.685.4884