Job Title: Audit Manager Financial Services
Salary Range: $120-150K+ Bonus
Company: Regional CPA Firm
Location: New Jersey/New York
Career Level: Manager
Requirements: CPA- 6-9 Yrs Public and or Private experience
Description: The Audit manager is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing audits; developing and managing staff; and reviewing financial statements and related technical accounting issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Manage, direct, and monitor client services teams on multiple engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete external audits in a wide variety of industries; and manage to budget.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Develop a project vision and set challenging personal and client service team goals.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Perform quality audit reviews on financial statements and tax-related issues.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client.
- Work closely with partners, managers, and staff to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development.
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development calls.
- Recruit and retain senior associates and associates.
- Coach senior associates and associates in developing and achieving goals and objectives for performance and professional development.
- Attend professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a CPA..
- Five to seven years of progressive audit experience in public accounting or equivalent with experience in a medium- to large-sized public accounting firm.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
Contact A Stan Hamlet Associate: 212-685-4884