Senior Auditor – NYC CPA Firm
The Firm seeks Senior Staff Accountants to perform external audit functions, primarily in the employee benefit plan and commercial sectors. The candidates will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare and review audit workpapers.
- Prepare and review client financial statements.
- Organize and delegate work to less experienced staff.
- Mentor less experienced staff.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 4-7 years of audit experience, preferably in a small or midsized public accounting firm.
- Experience auditing employee benefit plans and/or privately held commercial clients strongly preferred.
- Experience in the preparation of Forms 5500 and 990 preferred.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA license strongly preferred.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, primarily in the NYC tri-state area for NY-based positions and DC-area for Bethesda-based positions, and regular access to a car. For Bethesda positions, up to 30% out of town travel is possible.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite required. Preferred experience with Prosystems Engagement and Tax software.
Contact Stan Hamlet 212.685.4884